1. Understand the organization’s strategic priorities and contribute to them.
2. Have a personal process to think strategically.
3. Lead, guide, and influence your team to be strategic thinkers.
Ideas for Unlocking Strategic Leadership Potential:
– Talk about strategic initiatives
– Identify possible strategies to tackle
– Share your strategic targets with the team
– Recognize when the team identifies a strategic opportunity and respond to it
– Enroll others in implementing the strategy
– Focus decisions and actions on what is most important for long-term success